Support IT Executive, in Malta
Support IT Executive, in VALLETTA GATEWAY TERMINALS LIMITED
Valletta Gateway Terminals Ltd is a joint venture between Portek Group of Singapore and Tumas Group of Malta. It was established on the 9th June 2006 and on the 1st July of the same year the Malta Maritime Authority awarded the company a 30-year concession agreement to operate and manage the Grand Harbour terminals. Being multi-purpose, the terminals can handle roll on / roll off (RoRo) operations, trailers, containers, conventional cargo and also vehicles.
- Provide level 1 support.
- General hardware / software troubleshooting / repairs and upgrades.
- Installation of PC hardware / software / printers etc.
- Installation of active / passive wired as well as wireless networking equipment.
- Oversee the installation and performing configuration for digital CCTV systems.
- Managing backups ensuring all data regularly backed up.
- Ensure that the hardware and software inventory are always kept updated.
- Keep the helpdesk management system constantly updated.
- Update the website with latest news etc.
- Issue reports as required.
- Gather quotations from vendors.
- Ensure compliance is adhered to at all times.
- Keep operating manuals updated at all times.
- Good knowledge of MS Windows (XP, 7, 10) operating system in a corporate environment.
- Understanding of networking principles as well as configuration for TCP / IP.
- Committed and ready to go the extra mile to get a job done on time
- Ready to be available on call after office hours
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a group with minor supervision
- Must have a driving licence and own means of transport
- Passionate about I.T and ready to research and learn about new technologies
- Conduct any other tasks / special projects which may be assigned from time to time
Please apply here