Job opening in RakeTech Group
We are looking for an experienced, creative and innovative Front-end Software Developer to join our Development team in Malta.
You will be joining a brilliant team of software developers, full of energy, ambition and passion. Working together with your development team, you will be involved in building great products whilst working closely with Product Owners and stakeholders to understand requirements which will result in acceptance criteria and test cases.
- Develop new user-facing features by understanding business requirements and convert them to a solution
- Code the design together with other developers from the team
- Do peer code reviews
- Build reusable and high quality code and libraries for future use
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
- Assure that all user input is validated before submitting to back-end
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
- Minimum 3+ years of enterprise frontend software experience
- University degree (or equivalent) in Computer Sciences or related subject
- Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3
- Basic understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
- Knowledge of PHP and WordPress will be considered an asset
- Basic security knowledge
- Basic knowledge of image authoring tools, to be able to crop, resize, or perform small adjustments on an image. Familiarity with tools such as as Gimp or Photoshop is a plus.
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
- Experience with CI and Source control systems such as Jenkins and Git
- Good understanding of SEO principles and ensuring that application will adhere to them.
- Basic knowledge of Linux
- SQL and NoSQL database experience