Software Developer in Test in Malta
Vodafone’s quality team is looking for a Software Developer in Test who can support the quality assurance team in IT and network testing. The role would be responsible for identifying areas within the Operations field where automation and in-house bespoke solutions could be used to support quality control verification on UAT and production systems.
The role offers the opportunity to work with the latest technologies for a leading brand
Key Activities / Responsibilities:
- Developing, improving and maintaining our test automation framework(s) by implementing code changes and suggesting best coding practices.
- Identify and create testing tools for the QA team and other internal teams as required.
- Work with the QA team lead to effectively manage team scheduling.
- Be updated on the latest software development techniques, strategies and IDEs.
- Evaluate and identify the required test automation and test management tools.
- Be updated on the latest testing techniques, strategies, tooling / frameworks.
- Identify test metrics and benchmarks to be gathered prior to load/performance testing where necessary.
- Consult, create and manage load / performance/soak and regression tests as required.
- Create and run automated test scripts and adapt these for use as smoke tests on production environments.
- Be able to plan and build roadmaps for the framework.
- Manage own energy level and time.
Technical / Professional Expertise:
A degree in computer science or a related field.
- At least 2-3 years’ working experience in a software development or similar role preferably using Java.
- Proven automation coding experience using the Selenium2Library web drivers or similar.
- SQL experience in Oracle / PLSQL / MSSQL etc.
- Experience in functional test tools such as Ready! API / Soap UI and J meter.
- Knowledge of performance and scalability test approaches as well as load testing tools such as LoadRunner / LoadUI / Jmeter Load CLI.
- Previous experience in serial programming such as GSM modem interface programming and the Hayes AT command set will be considered as a very strong asset.
- Scripting experience using Groovy and Grails will be considered an asset.
- ISTQB certification will be considered an asset.
- Experience in working with a team and a mentoring mindset.
- Fluency in English (written and spoken).
Please apply here