Systems Administrator / DevOps, in Malta
Deloitte are looking for a smart and ambitious Systems Administrator / DevOps to join our team. In this role you will be responsible for keeping all our different system components running at an optimal efficiency and will be working with experienced developers and account managers in a challenging, stimulating and expanding environment.
You are expected to work independently and in a timely manner across a variety of project engagements. You will also handle and, if required, escalate customer incidents and requests as appropriate so as to exceed customers’ expectations on a 24×7 basis.
Key Activities / Responsibilities:
- Monitoring of all networks and services in a 24×7 operation to ensure high availability and attainment of service levels.
- 1st line support for all infrastructure across PROD, TEST and DEV environments.
- Provide first level support and troubleshooting on all systems.
- Responsible for the resolution of hardware issues, deployment of new systems, reinstallation of operating systems as required, as well as ad-hoc support requests, including liaising with co-location customers.
- Maintain and follow procedures, documentation and equipment records.
- Handling of Mac, PC, and laptops (hardware and software wise).
- Continuous monitoring and analysing of security alerts, audit logs and reports.
- Maintaining systems up-to-date through scheduled patching and upgrades.
Technical / Professional Expertise:
The ideal candidate should be knowledgeable in one or more of the following areas:
- Knowledge of Microsoft, CISCO, Linux technologies, Cloud Platforms and associated security risks is essential.
- Must display strong organisational and excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Effective documentation skills: able to document operational requirements and processes.
- Previously worked with IIS, .NET, database engines (including but not limited to MS SQL Server and MySQL) and LAMP servers.
- Must have strong analytical and problem solving ability.
- Must be a team player and ready to work under pressure without supervision.
- Proven experience within an IT operational / support role (e.g. network, server environments and methodologies; technical service support).
Ideally in possession of an ICT qualification, such as:
- Bachelor’s degree in an ICT / networking related field.
- MCAST advanced diploma in IT (computer systems and networks).
- Professional certifications in networking and server administration will be considered an asset.
This is a fantastic opportunity to develop a rewarding career in technology advisory consulting.
Please apply here