Voice Core Networks Engineer, in Malta
Voice Core Networks Engineer, in Vodafone
The Core Networks Engineer shall be responsible of the Voice core network infrastructure design, installation and maintenance.
Key Accountabilities / Key Activities:
- Voice core domain within core networks.
- Responsibility for circuit switched networks infrastructure installation and maintenance.
- Commissioning and testing of voice core nodes and interfaces to all interconnected network nodes.
- Involvement in projects assigned to the core networks team.
- Gathering problem symptoms, and implementing corrective action where applicable.
- Carry out installations / upgrades and / or assist turnkey suppliers where applicable, ensuring smooth migration with minimal service disruption.
- Carry out acceptance testing.
- Liaise with other sections in order to carry out the support function.
- Carry out the above duties outside office hours where deemed necessary.
Core competencies, knowledge and experience:
- Degree in engineering or Bsc. ICT.
- Good understanding of networking and telecommunications.
- An analytical approach to operational issues.
- Strong troubleshooting skills.
- Strong organisational and communication skills.
- Eager to learn new competencies.
- Be a team player and ready to work under pressure.
Please apply here