NOC Engineer, in Malta
NOC Engineer in GAMESYS NETWORK LIMITED
Founded in 2001, Gamesys Limited is a privately owned software company that has developed an all-inclusive gaming platform that offers web publishing, account management and payment processing, as well as a range of pay-to-play games and bingo features. The platform manages a high volume of members and processes over £1 billion a year in wagering.
The Gamesys Group portfolio is made up of a number of premium brands in the online gaming market, including Jackpotjoy.com, VirginGames.com, Botemania.com, and Caesarsbingo.com amongst others.
Gamesys has remained at the forefront of innovation within the industry for a number of years, winning numerous industry awards. It is one of only four companies to have appeared on the Sunday Times Tech Track 100 five years in a row, including a first place.
The Group also includes Gamesys Network Limited which is located in Malta and provides managed technical services to all the Group brands.
Purpose of Role
To administer the online gaming platform and monitor and report on a 24×7 basis, ensure optimum performance and availability of such platform, provide second-level troubleshooting support, and liaise with all applicable service providers and third-parties.
- 24×7 proactive monitoring and support of the live and pre-production infrastructure
- Investigate and react to any live issues that might arise
- Prepare and take part in the periodic release of new software
- Act as an escalation point for issues flagged by customer support
- Partake in the design and implementation of new setups
Members of our NOC team are great team players; they are passionate about technology and their jobs with a proactive and flexible attitude and an ability to tackle day to day tasks and projects with an attitude that enables them to constantly take onboard new skills.
Sound fault-finding skills and an ability to react to problematic situations in a focused manner are essential in this role. It is essential that the person applying for this position is comfortable with shift work – The NOC offers 24×7 coverage.
- Previous experience in a technical support or similar role
- Good communicator with a natural aptitude for dealing with people
- Familiar with Linux-based systems and has basic Linux CLI and sysadmin skills
- Ability to work harmoniously in a team environment
- Attentive to detail
- Works well under pressure, quick to learn and able to deal with a wide range of issues
- Good analytical skills and able to collate and interpret data from various sources
- Positive, confident and able to work on own initiative
- All-rounder with very good general IT Knowledge and Web-N-Tier technologies
- Knowledge of TCP / IP and virtualisation technologies
- Monitoring and alerting
- Database administration experience
Please apply here