Senior IT Systems Administrator, in Malta
Senior IT Systems Administrator, in VALLETTA GATEWAY TERMINALS LIMITED
Valletta Gateway Terminals ltd is a joint venture between Portek Group of Singapore and Tumas Group of Malta. It was established on the 9th June 2006 and on the 1st July of the same year the Malta Maritime Authority awarded the company a 30-year concession agreement to operate and manage the Grand Harbour terminals. Being multi-purpose, the terminals can handle roll on / roll off (RoRo) operations, trailers, containers, conventional cargo and also vehicles.
- Provide level 2 support
- Installation of server hardware / operating systems both in a physical and virtual environment
- Ensure all network services are available 24 x 7
- Managing windows active directory / policies / migration
- Managing file / exchange / sql and other corporate server software found in the company
- Managing the help desk system
- Issue regular as well as adhoc reports as required
- Manage end Pc security with tools such as Mc Afee, GFI Endpoint etc.
- Manage security systems (intruder alarms, access control etc)
- Gather quotations from vendors
- Ensure compliance is adhered to at all times
- Keep operating manuals updated at all times
- Provide guidance / training to the support executive on new systems being implemented
- Conduct user training as and when required
- Minimum of 3 years in a similar role
- Good knowledge of Windows server operating systems (2003, 2012, Hyper V)
- Good knowledge of server hardware configuration (RAID, SAN, NAS etc)
- Knowledge of TCP / IP, Routing Protocols, DHCP, MS SQL Server, Exchange 10
- Design and setup of local area networks
- Good knowledge of MS Windows (XP, 7, 10) operating system in a corporate environment
- Experience installing and configuring Ubiquiti wireless devices
- Working knowledge on Mikrotik routers
- Experience in Windows OS / Active Directory version migration
- Committed and ready to go that extra mile.
- Ready to be available on call after office hours.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a group with minor supervision.
- Must have a driving licence and own means of transport.
- Passionate about I.T and ready to research and learn about new technologies.
- Conduct any other tasks / special projects which may be assigned from time to time.
Please apply here